Thank you so much for your patience as we worked through shipping delays and an update from the Governor before we could proceed with our Activity/Art Bag pick up. It has been a challenging process.
I am pleased to announce the Tippecanoe Mall has given us permission to do bag pick ups in their HH Gregg Parking lot- which faces State Road 38 by Wendy’s. We will have volunteers checking people off the list and another volunteer who will put bags in your trunk or backseat. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR!! We also cannot take walk up pick ups due to Social Distancing Rules. We will start at 2:00 pm and be there until 2:30 or when all the people who rsvp’d for a bag pick it up.
The Mall has asked us to not block the Dicks Sporting Goods parking lot or the City Bus Access. Please maintain one line. If this goes well tomorrow, the Mall will allow us to do these bag pick ups twice a month!!
The RSVP for bag number two will start next Monday.
We also have the following ways to continue to be social while staying safe-
1. Pen Pal group- so far we have had two members sign up to be Pen Pals- or text Buddies/call buddies- they basically talk weekly. We have plenty of space for more folks.
2. Arc Friends Group- Facebook group for members to communicate with each other in a private settings. This group has 59 members. Just click the groups tab on our Facebook Page.
3. Caregiver Support Group- Facebook group for parents/caretakers of our members. This group is up to 39 members.
4. I have also been sharing community resources on our Facebook page to keep you updated on the various community projects. I hope to get these to our website as well.
5. We are also working on a online Resource Fair. We will feature agencies that signed up for our Resource Fair on social media and the website. This event was postponed due to Covid-19.
Based on the information I have from our Tippecanoe County Health Department as of today, we should be able to resume small groups like Aktion Club in June and Adult Recreation/Arc on the Go in July. Get ready to party in July and August we have LOTS of time to make up for.
Please let me know if you can think of other ways The Tippy Arc can help you as we weather this crisis. I am working from home and am available to talk/text or email. I miss you all!!
Take good care of yourselves. As the Bon Jovi says “We are half way there”