The Arc of Tippecanoe County is committed to all individuals with developmental disabilities realizing their goals of learning, living, working, and playing in their community.
- Empowering individuals through advocacy and social opportunities
- Empowering their families through education
- Empowering their communities through awareness
Founded in 1953 by a group of local parents and educators, The Arc serves as a resource to self-advocates and family members for a better life and to the community to promote positive attitudes to disabilities.
The Arc of Tippecanoe County’s address is PO Box 1222, Lafayette, IN 47902-1222. Our phone number is 765-476-3277.
Milissa O’Hern is our Executive Director and has been with the organization twice from 2011-2013 and rejoined as ED in 2015. You can contact Milissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a member and get emails about what is happening at The Tippy Arc! It’s Free!
Meet Our Board of Directors
- Sherry Vickrey, President: Sherry is a Direct Care Professional for Opportunities for Positive Growth in Lafayette and has brought Consumers to Arc events for several years. She is active on the Direct Services Committee and the Education Committee.
- Tori Roy, Vice-President: Tori joined the Board in 2018. She is a member of the Direct Services Committee. Tori has two little boys and is married to Brandon an active duty Marine.
- Micah Shaw, Consumer Representative: Micah is a long time participant of Adult Recreation, Aktion Club and Best Buddies. Micah was a former Aktion Club President and is the current Buddy Director for Best Buddies.
- Derrick Roberts, Consumer Representative: Derrick has been a member of the Benton county Arc for about 20 years. He is a member of the Benton County Special Olympics team for 20 years. Derrick is also a member of Best Buddies. This will be his sixth year. Derrick joined the Arc of Tippecanoe County last year after joining the events for the last few years. Derrick graduated from Excel High School. Derek also attended Erskine Green Training Institute to become a kitchen cook. He is now starting his second year as a prep cook at Purdue after working in other areas of the food court for two more years. Derrick enjoys being outside as well as art and drawing.
- Donna Roberts, Board Member: Donna lives in Oxford in Benton County. Donna has been involved with families with special needs for over 30 years in many ways. She has been a been a Regional Program Specialist for IN*SOURCE, the Indiana Resource Center for special Needs Families for 19 years. Donna has three grown children, and ten grandchildren. Donna’s passion for children and young adults with special needs grows from having children and grandchildren with disabilities as well as seeing how well young adults can function in our world when they are given great opportunities. Donna is a parent and grandparent of a Benton County Special Olympian. She is also a co-leader of the Include To Work in Tippecanoe County.
- Neil Vickrey, Board Member: Works at Wabash National and joined the Board in 2018. Neil has been a long time volunteer with Adult Recreation.